Whether you’re replacing your roof system or fixing a roof leak, it can be difficult choosing a commercial roofing company for your business. We have some news for you, though.
Our team at ScissorTail Roofing is dedicated to helping you find the best quality of service to fit your budget. Give us a call at (405) 928-8089 and check out our 7 tips below for choosing the right commercial roofing company.
1. But Are You Insured? It’s important that you check that the contractor has worker’s compensation and general liability insurance.
2. Keep it Local Whether you choose a large or small commercial roofing company, make sure your contractors are local. An earned reputation for excellence goes beyond a list of services any day and is the true seal of approval from the community. Also, do some homework. Most likely, the company will have customer testimonials or a project portfolio to provide a more accurate expectation.
3. The Price Isn’t Always Right Pricing isn’t everything. If you settle for cheap bids, you’ll soon find that you get what you pay for. On the other hand, make sure you’re not getting taken advantage of. Being able to weigh craftsmanship and affordability is what ScissorTail Roofing does best. So if you need a customized, accurate estimate, give us a call.
4. Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls We don’t know about you, but we can’t stand a gimmicky sales pitch. As we mentioned before, choose a commercial roofing company in your area that is known for customer satisfaction. And if you’re approached by a roofer promising the world, don’t fall victim to their pressuring sales pitches. After all, it’s an investment. It’s completely fine (if not, wiser) to do some research beforehand.
5. You’ve Got to Walk the Walk Credentials definitely help. Check and see what your commercial roofing company is affiliated with. Are they certified? Have they been recognized for something? It’s important to choose a company that’s up-to-date on industry trends and developments. And while you may be tempted to settle for lower, it’s in your best interest to invest in a company that has years of satisfied customers.
6. Get It in Writing As we mentioned before, it’s important to do your research. We don’t want you to get taken advantage of in the least bit. When in doubt, get everything in writing. Make sure you’re completely satisfied with the terms of service and the end result. Having timelines and expectations drawn out from the start will help you avoid headaches during the project.
7. Communication is Key Communication should be an integral part of the project. Were documents sent promptly? Did they communicate any concerns or potential alterations? If the commercial roofing company can’t promise regular updates, it’s time to move on and look elsewhere.
What issues have you run into in the past? What advice would you have given yourself? Share your advice